Anti Cellulite Treatment – Shock Therapy
How does it work on Cellulite?
As the acoustic shockwaves reach the cellulite, the connective fibres are broken down releasing clogged fat, toxins and water. This action stimulates nerves and increases blood flow to the treatment area and produces fresher, thicker collagen as well as stronger, smoother, cellulite-free skin.
Is It Safe?
How Many treatments are recommended?
A typical course of treatment involves 1-5 treatments, with results becoming apparent over a period of two to three months with a quarterly or twice year maintenance.
While return to normal activities can be expected the following day, vigorous exercise and other activities should be limited for a period of four to six weeks.
CoolSculpting – Treatment Therapy
The CoolSculpting™ procedure is a new, non-invasive procedure that in conjunction with sensible diet and exercise uses an advanced cooling technology to gently and effectively target and eliminate fat in specific areas of a patient’s body through a proprietary technology called Cryolipolysis™.
This procedure involves no incisions and no anesthesia, and can reduce the fat layer without harming the skin or other tissues. The device-based procedure is designed for use in a medical office specializing in cosmetic procedures.
- Exposure to cooling via energy extraction causes fat cell apoptosis – a natural, controlled cell death which leads to the release of cytokines and other inflammatory mediators that gradually eliminate the affected cells.
- Inflammatory cells gradually digest the affected fat cells in the months after the procedure, reducing the thickness of the fat layer.
- Lipids from the fat cells are slowly released and transported by the lymphatic system to be processed and eliminated, much like that of fat from food.
Why the CoolScupting different from other slimming treatments?
The CoolSculpting procedure using Cryolipolysis is fundamentally different from other non- or minimally-invasive modalities. Other methods of fat removal primarily involve necrotic cell death by damaging fat with heat, high-intensity focused ultrasound, or chemical injections. Each approach poses potential technical challenges, particularly with respect to targeting the right tissue depth and unintended damage to other structures close to or within the fat layer. Predictability of efficacy using these other techniques is also uncertain. In contrast, the CoolSculpting procedure using Cryolipolysis induces apoptosis only in fat cells to gently and gradually reduce the fat layer while preserving all other tissue.
Am I a good candidate?
1. Are you within 10 to 15 pounds of your ideal body weight?
2. Do you have noticeable bulges or bumps that you would like reduced?
3. Do you want subtle, natural-looking results?
4. Do you want a procedure with little to no pain or discomfort?
5. Do you need a procedure with no downtime?
6. Do you prefer a natural process over drugs, chemicals, or surgery?
Not Suitable For:
You cannot have this treatment performed if any of the following apply to you:
- Metal pins or plate implants
- Epilepsy or neurological disorders
- Allergies or skin disorders
- Hormonal disorders
- Pacemaker or cardiovascular disease
- Herpes Simplex on the area wanting treatment
- Any surgical procedures in the past 6 months
- Cancer or malignant tumour
- Coagulation disorder
FAT / CELLULITE REDUCTION
|ESW – Extracorporeal Shock Waves|